We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We only process information when:
- We have been given your consent to do so. This consent will be given in the form of a positive ‘opt in’ from you.
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so. For example when emailing an invoice or order acknowledgement.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To process sales orders, purchase orders, invoices and to arrange delivery/collection of our products.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
As we collect information from individuals directly or from publicly accessible sources such as websites, we assume that this is correct at the time of collection and offer provision for you to update your details at any time if the information held becomes inaccurate (see below ‘Your Rights’).
How long we keep data
If you have given your consent to receive marketing communications from us we will hold the data until we are directed otherwise by you. A link will be provided in each email we send you giving you the option to unsubscribe. Once an unsubscribe request has been received, your details will remain on our system for 30 days to allow us to run analytics or reporting. After this time, your details will be deleted completely from our database, unless they are required for another purpose.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We only share your personal data with trusted service providers (e.g. our IT provider who supports our website) and data processors that are GDPR compliant.
We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services. They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Write to us at: Beauxfort, Kingsway House, 23a Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex, BN15 8TR, UK.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the GDPR 2018.
You have several rights in regard to the data we store about you.
The Right to Access your Data
You can contact our team at any time by calling our team on 0330 055 2599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to send you a copy of the details we hold.
The Right to Rectify the Data we hold
You can make changes to the data we hold about you if you believe it is inaccurate or
incomplete. You can do this by contacting us on 0330 055 259 9or email us at email@example.com.
The Right to Erasure
We have established retention periods for data we hold about you for different purposes as set out above, after which time your details would be deleted. Should you for any reason require the immediate complete deletion of your details from our database, you have the right to request this. You can do this by calling our team on 0330 055 2599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Right to Data Portability
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of the data we hold, in order to share this with other companies or organisations. You can request a copy of your data by calling our team on 0330 055 2599 or email us at email@example.com.
The Right to Restrict Processing
In certain circumstances you have the right to block or pause the processing of your data, but still retain your record on our database. For example, if you believe the data we hold about you is incorrect, you may not wish to hear from us until the inaccuracy is rectified.
To request the restriction of your data or for more information on the situations in which this might be applicable, you can contact our team by calling 0330 055 2599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Right to Object
You have the right to object to our processing of your data at any time. This can be achieved by contacting us or unsubscribing from our marketing communications, using the links provided in our emails. However, in certain circumstances when we are processing your data with legitimate interest or to perform a vital task, such as sending invoices or order acknowledgements, this may not be possible.
Complaints about how we process your personal information
In the first instance, individuals should contact us with any concerns or complaints on how your data is being collected or processed. Complaints should be addressed to:
FAO: Marketing Manager
23a Marlborough Road
Lancing Business Park
Alternatively you can email your complaint to email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or wish to lodge your complaint with a supervisory body, you have the right to do so. The relevant supervisory body in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the GDPR 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside of our domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.